First, a big congratulations to you! You’re engaged and have officially joined one of the baddest bride tribes around, cheers to all our Pantora Brides, past, future and present. We have nothing but love for each of you!
As we build your dream wedding dress, here are some helpful Pantora Pointers on undergarments.
To properly fit your dress, you’ll need to know what undergarments you plan to wear on your wedding day. We suggest that you bring a supportive bra or shapewear to each fitting appointment. If you are unsure about what shapewear or bra will work best, we recommend working with an undergarment expert who can help guide you.
Learn about the different undergarments we recommend to our brides and you’ll be feeling like an expert in no time!
- A standard bra is perfect for gowns with wide straps, cap sleeves or gowns with shoulder coverage. Standard bras are great for brides that need more support through their bust. Easy to find in the market, standard bras compliment gowns with shoulder coverage, higher back details and classic sweetheart necklines. Think, your everyday bra goes bridal!
- We cannot get enough of a great strapless bra! Supportive yet barely there, straps where? Strapless bras help shape and support your bust without straps getting in the way. We strongly recommend doing some research to find a well constructed strapless bra that works for you, this will be key in keeping your gown from falling down. Plus, a strapless bra never goes out of style and works well for most gowns. This is great for gowns with off-the-shoulder straps or strapless gowns without a plunging neckline. Be prepared to feel secure as you dance the night away!
- A corset and a bra got together, and they lived happily ever after! A longline bra is just that, a bra up top with a corset attached to structure and shape your waist . This style of bra gives added support to your bust while also cinching in your waist, and we are here for it! A longline bra is a great answer if you’re looking for a bit more support and structure, and is what we strongly recommend for our bustier brides.
- Shapewear is your best friend, especially when wearing a gown that is made of fabrics that dare to show and tell it all (like mikado, crepe, silk or satin). Shapewear is the supportive undergarment that helps keep your gown looking smooth while preventing underwear lines. Smoothing shapewear is often necessary. Shop shapewear sooner rather than later. And once you find the piece that works for you, celebrate, cheers!
- Pasties are the perfect solve for gowns with our Forgotten Skin Tones illusion mesh throughout the bodice. Pasties or nipple coverings provide coverage where there is none, but do remember that pasties offer no support.
- Insert cups here! Cups are a great option for plunging necklines, sheer bodices or gowns with open backs. Cups can be sewn into gowns and help to shape the bust. While cups do not provide much support, they do deliver on helping to lend coverage for our barely there bodice styles.
Frontless and Backless Bra
- Bust tape is like magic, now you see it, now you don’t! This is a great option for brides with plunging necklines, sheer bodices or unconventional bodice details. With bust tape your bust will be lifted without compromising on style. We highly recommend trying bust tape application prior to fittings to get familiar with the best fit and comfort for you.
- Designed to replace the traditional bra or cups, this revolutionary bra is great for gowns with revealing neckline and back designs. New to the market, these bra options are perfect for brides looking to achieve maximum cleavage with a slight lift. We recommend ordering this type of bra early and practicing the fit and application process ahead of time.